Date Caramel apple dip

Date Caramel Apple Dip



I love caramel apple dip, I used to eat it all the time as a kid. Making it again recently, I realized all of the sugar and cream cheese in such a small amount. It was actually quite insane. Pretty much a bunch of empty calories to dip a healthy apple in. 

On top of not having dairy so already a problem with a normal recipe, I just can't bring myself to eat that much sugar anymore. But really, who can argue how delicious apple dip is? 

So so happy to find a delicious apple dip made with just dates, no added sugar or dairy. I love the taste of dates so there's an added bonus for me, plus they naturally have a caramelly flavor so there's the caramel without the gross added caramel flavoring you find in the packaged stuff :) Ewe!



Date Caramel Apple Dip:

1 cup medjool dates

pinch of salt and a few drops of vanilla extract, almond milk until desired consistency.

In a food processor, blend dates until completely creamy and smooth. This might take a few minutes but be patient, it will get there! Add the rest of the ingredients and bled until combined. Keep in the fridge.

Comments

Popular Posts