Raw Apple Pie Bites

Raw Apple Pie Bites


I like fig newtons. But a lot of people don’t because of the seedy paste on the inside and a dry crumb on the outside. So I guess I can’t blame them. I really have been just loving dates lately so so much and have used them in as many recipes as I can.



I actually created this recipe when I wanted to make a no bake fig newton. I than realized we were out of figs...so I decided to just use dates and try that out. It’s a simply date paste made of dates, fresh orange juice and zest, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and honey. I really love the smooth texture of this paste rather than the dry seedy texture when you use figs.



The gluten free crust is made with almond flour and oat flour, orange juice and coconut oil, honey and water. When the whole cookie comes together it taste like mini raw apple pies. So don’t be worried if you don’t like fig newtons, these are so so good and are more of a new recipe for mini no bake apple pies rather than a figless newton copycat!



So now that I have these, fig newtons are just okay. Haha.

Raw Apple Pie Bite Recipe:

Crust:

3/4 + 2 tab almond flour

3/4 cup oat flour

1 tab coconut oil, melted

1 tab honey

1 tab orange juice

dash of salt

Filling:

3/4 cup dates

1 tab orange juice

zest of half the orange

1 tsp honey

1/4 tsp cinnamon

water

For the crust: in a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and pulse until a smooth ball forms. Roll out onto plastic wrap a long rectangle. Set aside while you prepare the filling. 

For the filling: in a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until you have a smooth creamy paste, adding water until reaches desired consistency. Spread paste down the center of the crust and fold crust over to completely cover the cookie. Cut into desired size bites. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator

Comments

Popular Posts